Latest auction news
The last 12 months have been both challenging and incredibly busy for the John Goodwin auction team with Covid restrictions and uncertainties completely reshaping the way in which we operate. Despite the uncertainties we have experienced unprecedented levels of business and some incredible auction prices and we have had the pleasure of dealing with many new vendor clients and auction customers based in the UK and overseas.
For many months we have held our auction sales behind closed doors with either highly restricted or no public viewing or sale day attendance.
We have been very fortunate to have had the use of the large Linden House premises in Ledbury with grateful thanks to a long-standing commercial client and, following the letting of Linden House by our commercial department, we have latterly been in residence at the enormous Severn Hall at the Three Counties Show Ground. This culminated in the incredible sale of the ‘barn find’ collection of vintage and other vehicles and stationery engines from the estate of the late Graham Tyler which attracted worldwide interest.
Now that the Three Counties Show Ground has reopened and is dealing with a backlog of events cancelled from last year we are, once again, actively looking for long term premises but, in the meantime, we will be holding a series of sales at various local venues.
Following the latest relaxation in Covid 19 guidelines, we have now booked a total of 9 sale dates over the coming months and already many are fully subscribed.
For the time being all of our sales will continue to have the benefit of live internet bidding via the extremely popular easylive platform, but we are also hoping to return to the relative normality of our traditional sale room activities, and we hope to be able to allow unrestricted pre-sale viewing and attendance for bidding ‘in person’ on auction day.
Obviously, this will be subject to any changes in legislation and strictly in accordance with any track and trace, mask wearing, hand sanitation and social distancing guidelines recommended for the protection of our staff members and everybody in attendance.
The dates for the forthcoming sales are as follows:
- Thursday 5th August Collectibles and Interiors Sale Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall Approx. 500 lots – this sale is now full
- Tuesday 17th August Furniture sale Venue: Bromyard Sale venue This sale is now full
- Thursday 2nd September Toy and Transport sale – a sale of die cast toys and model railway Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall This sale is now full
- Wednesday 8th September Fine Art and Collectibles Sale Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall There is limited space for further suitable entries.
- Tuesday 28th September Sale of stationery engines, vintage machinery, parts, motoring tools, tractors etc, the residual items of the Graham Tyler collection and other suitable items by invitation including tools, garden machinery and catering equipment. Venue: Bromyard Sale Venue Some limited further suitable entries.
- Wednesday 6th October Collectibles and Interiors Sale Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall Some limited space for further entries
- Thursday 21st October Furniture Sale Venue: Bromyard Sale Venue Some limited space for further suitable entries
- Wednesday 27th October Collectibles and Interiors Sale Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall Further entries invited
- Wednesday 10th November Toy and Transport Sale- a sale of die cast toys and model railway Venue: Bromsberrow Village Hall Some limited space for further suitable entries
We are planning further sales later in the year, venues, and dates to be confirmed.