Commercial Property News - Ledbury
The Commercial Department of local estate agents John Goodwin report the recent letting of 16 High Street, Ledbury. Adam Goodwin commented “As soon as the premises became vacant a large number of enquiries were received which led to a number of firm proposals for the lease”. Terms have now been agreed for a re-letting and the new occupiers hope to open for business in the early autumn following a refurbishment programme. Adam commented “the level and speed of response to the availability of the premises illustrates an ongoing confidence retailers have in trading locations within the town and follows a number of recent successful lettings which have been achieved”.
16 High Street is a renowned address within the town of Ledbury having once housed the celebrated Tilley business for approximately 100 years. Luke Tilley purchased the premises in 1885 and renovated the building to house the family business comprising stationer, newsagent, bookseller, printer. The business subsequently expanded into the adjacent property with the business hiring bicycles and motor vehicles with a repair garage and library.